Self Assessment - Tax Return Advice in Kingston upon Thames

The responsibility to file Returns and to pay the right amount of tax at the right time lies with you, the taxpayer. You must not wait for HMRC to ask you - this is a fundamental principle of the self assessment system.

Unfortunately, taxpayers often struggle with the complexities of tax returns and make errors when completing them. Recent changes in tax legislation have meant that they risk incurring more penalties if they fail to complete their returns accurately and to deadline.

Alderwick James & Co can help

At Alderwick James & Co our specialist team of tax advisers can remove the burden of self assessment and save you time by taking care of process for you. We will prepare any necessary accounts, carry out the required computations, complete your return, and provide information about the amounts of tax liabilities or refunds which may be due. When you have approved the Return, we will arrange to file it with HMRC.

We can also deal directly with HMRC on your behalf and resolve any difficulties and queries which may arise in relation to the completion and filing of your Tax Returns and payment of your tax liabilities.

If you or your business should be selected for a self assessment enquiry by HMRC, our team of Kingston upon Thames accountants can act on your behalf to defend the enquiry in your best interests. We can offer a complete self assessment service, including:

  • Advising on appropriate record retention
  • Liaising with your bank, building society, stockbrokers etc to gather the relevant data for your annual returns
  • Calculating your tax liability
  • Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
  • Acting for you at any meetings, should you be selected for a self assessment enquiry
  • Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
  • Introducing you to any relevant tax saving ideas

If you would like help with your self assessment return and are looking for a team of qualified tax advisers in the Kingston upon Thames area, please get in touch.