Corporation Tax - Advisory Services in Kingston upon Thames
If you trade as a limited company, Corporation Tax will be payable on profits. Income Tax may be payable by the director/shareholders if, and when, these profits are paid out to them as remuneration or dividends.
The rate of corporation tax payable depends on which band the profits fall into (contact us for the latest figures).
The rate bands are scaled down where a company has associated companies (members of the same group or companies controlled by the same persons). There are complex rules which may make companies associated even if controlled by different people (for example, members of the same family).
How we can help
Advising on companies' tax affairs is a fundamental element of the service we offer to business owners in Kingston upon Thames. The Kingston upon Thames team at Alderwick James & Co can assist with a wide range of company tax matters, such as:
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Remuneration strategy for directors and shareholders
- Tax efficient distribution of profits to directors and shareholders
- Business succession planning
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses and business assets
- Corporate group structures
- HM Revenue & Customs enquiries and investigations
If you are looking for help and advice on corporation tax in the Kingston upon Thames area, and would like to discover how we may be able to minimise the tax burden, please contact Alderwick James & Co today.